A few whiles away: there are roads, roads and roads.
Delicate ribbons of travel, following contours of least resistance. No one believes in landscape anymore; the land becomes landscape becomes map.
Why exactly am I here?
nth nature installed at Assembly Point, London. 2018
The exhibition is accompanied by the publication nth nature, published by Assembly Point and with design direction by Chris Lacy and Assembly Point. It features a commissioned text by Oliver Basciano. The publication will be available on Open Access later in 2018. To read the text click here.
During the show, artist Dennis McNulty is invited to respond to the artwork in the performance event, anginging. Using MARK, a piece of custom software with a Rowland TB-303, McNulty uses the sampled voice of American artist Nancy Holt from Boomerang fuses it with custom algorithms to make a new kind of acid.
Photography by Ben Westoby.
System.9.3, 2018. Aluminium, acrylic, polycarbonate.
a. 17947, 2018. Wool, cotton.
b. A weight for the hollow of the palm. 2013. Bronze, lead.
c. 3609, 2018. Cotton.
d. 4072, 2018. Cotton.
e. 17940, 2018. Cotton.
f. Chihuahuan Desert, New Mexico, 2015. Photograph.
g. 5179. 2017. Video with sound, 03:09.
System.3.3, 2018. Aluminium, acrylic, polycarbonate.
- a. Geode, Blythe, California.
- b. Blue Grama, Quemado, New Mexico.
- c. Petrified wood, New Mexico.
- d. Eucalyptus, Joshua Tree, California.
- e. Thin section, 2016. Jesmonite, pigment.
- f. Solar Cell.
- g. A printed photo of a screenshot of a computer glitch of an image of an artwork, 2018. Photograph.
- h. A printed photo of a screenshot of a computer glitch of an image of an artwork, 2018. Photograph.
- i. The Very Large Array. Photograph.
- j. Blow out, Photograph
- 5179, 2017. Wool.
- 4064, 2018. Cotton.
- m. A weight for the hollow of the palm. Red sandstone.
- 4075. 2018. Wool, cotton.
- Solar Cell.
- p. Thin section, 2016. Jesmonite, pigment.
- Jackson Pile Horizon, 2015. Photograph of archive image in United States Geological Survey Library, Denver.